Lunch box ideas
Rice Paper Rolls
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 1 packet rice spring roll sheets
- 1 tbsp shoyu
- 3 slices diced tofu (nutri-soy)
- 1 small bunch of finely chopped coriander
- 1 small bunch of finely chopped mint
- 8 whole Mint leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 100g finely sliced snow peas
- 30g pickled finely sliced ginger
- 1 cup finely sliced white cabbage
- 1 cup finely sliced red cabbage
Sweet Lime Dressing
- 3 tblsp Mirin
- 2 tblsp shoyu
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tblsp toasted sesame oil
Wash & prepare the vegetables, place in a large mixing bowl. Dice tofu & leave to marinate in the shoyu. Soak noodles for 3 minutes in boiling water until soft. Drain & chop into large strands & place into mixing bowl with vegetables.
Mix dressing ingredients & pour over noodles & mixed vegetables. Lightly toss making sure you’re not heavy handed at this point.
Fill a frying pan with boiling water. Simmer on a low heat. Place spring roll sheets into boiling water until soft. Take care not to overcook. Place the sheet out flat. Half way up the sheet place a whole mint leaf & then a small amount of filling & 1/4 of the way from the top edge place a mint leaf. Fold the paper over the filling, fold the sides in & roll.
Place Rice Paper spring Rolls mint leave side up on a platter.
Serve with Sweet Lime dressing.