Polenta Pizza Base
Gluten Free, Dairy free & Vegan
- 75g (1/2 cup) polenta
- pinch sea salt
- 500ml water (or homemade veg stock)
- olive oil
- courgettes thinly sliced length ways & BBQ
- pumpkin " " " " " "
- mushrooms sautéed in sesame oil
- sweet corn cut off the cob
- onion sautéed with sea salt
- chopped coriander for garnish
Preheat the oven to 220 (425F/Gas 7)
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Bring 500ml water to the boil with a pinch of salt. Slowly sprinkle the polenta into the water, whisking to prevent lumps. Reduce the heat to a simmer & stir with a spoon. Cook for 20 mins stirring frequently.
Spoon the hot polenta onto the baking tray while still hot. Spread into a 25cm circle 5mm thick.
Cool base slightly & then add topping.
Or you could simply brush olive oil lightly over the top & garnish with coriander.