Dairy & Gluten Free Lasagne
You will need:
- Instant Lasagne Sheets - (gluten free range from natural alternative) found in Coles or any Health food shop.
- Kuzu - you can find this in any health food shop. Approx $14 a packet.
- Bon Soya Milk - best soya milk as lowest in sugar.
- Fresh tomato & onion simmered for a couple of hours. Add sea salt once onions are transparent. This helps draw out the flavour & makes them sweet.
- Lots of yummy roast vegetables.
- Make a whole load of Bolognese.
- Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds & sesame seeds for the top with slices of fresh tomato.
Making the white sauce
Preheat oven to 180.
Empty the whole carton of Bon Soya milk into a saucepan on a low heat. In a mug pop 4 large tablespoons of kuzu & add just enough cold milk from saucepan to cover the kuzu. Just think of it as a thickening agent. Mix until kuzu has dissolved. Add to milk in saucepan whisking all the time to stop it from going lumpy. The kuzu will then thicken the milk. Set aside.
That's the hardest part of the whole dish now out of the way.
In your oven proof dish cover the bottom with the white sauce.
Pop a layer of lasagne sheets on top. Now add a thin layer of the home made tomato sauce & then your roast vegies or Bolognese Sauce. Keep layering until you have finished. I finish with the sauce & then scatter a mixture of seeds on the top & thin slices of fresh tomato.
Pop into the oven for 40 minutes.