- 2 tblsp olive oil margarine
- 5 tblsp pure organic maple syrup
- 1 orange peel (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups organic self raising flour
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 free range eggs
- 100ml bon soya milk (water works just as well)
- sea salt
Prepare a spring cake tin (grease & line).
Melt margarine in a small saucepan then add maple syrup add orange peel & set aside.
Sift flour & cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl. Whisk eggs & milk together & then pour into flour & cocoa. Add a pinch of sea salt. Add melted margarine.
Pour into cake tin & bake in 180 oven for 25 to 30 mins (depending on your oven).
- 4 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- a little organic maple syrup
Add enough maple syrup to the cocoa until it liquefies. Heat slowly until syrup turns to toffee. Using a warm knife spread over cake.
This cake is so yummy slightly warm.
Thanks to Ryoho Yoga for this recipe.